May 19, 2021
If you don’t have coconut milk, you can combine cream and some chicken stock to create a sauce. There are many different ways to add that subtle coconut flavour. I often add in some dessicated coconut...
4 chicken fillets
100ml natural yoghurt
1 clove garlic
1 tsp turmeric
For Korma Sauce
50g butter or oil
2 cm piece fresh ginger
pinch chilli powder (or fresh chilli, or tabasco)
half teaspoon cinnamon
6 cloves (optional)
1 tin full fat coconut milk (use creamiest part in tin)
salt and pepper, to taste
25g flaked almonds
25g fresh coriander herb, to garnish
To serve: 1-2 cups rice
- To Marinade Chicken: Cut chicken into 2cm cubes. Put into a bowl with yoghurt, garlic and turmeric. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes.
- For Sauce: Peel and dice onion finely. Peel and grate the ginger.
- Melt butter on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add onion, cook on a high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in ginger, cloves, cinnamon and chilli powder, cook on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and marinade, mix well, cover and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes. Stir and cook again for 5 minutes.
- Stir the remaining coconut milk from the tin (or use cream) into the chicken. Cook on a high heat for 2 minutes, stir and cook again for 2 minutes. Remove cloves. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.